Sunday, October 16, 2016

Working with the laptops

So in the last post about the laptops, I outlined this great plan that I'd decided on.  Well on the day of, I decided to scrap the plan and just go for it.  I put all the computers out on the desks, assigned kiddos to a computer and we all went through how to turn on the machines, how to go to Classroom Suite and how to access student assignments.

I was so surprised at how smoothly it all went!  They were pretty patient and took turns really nicely and it all went really well.

Today, I pulled out the laptops during math rotations and had it in for two of the


centers, so all the students would get a chance to do the first 2 assignments that I'd put in their file.  Most of them remembered how to turn on the machine and get into their files with very minimal help from me!  I was so excited to see that.  While half the class was using the technology, the other half was working on  an interactive journal page or patterning blocks.  When the students finished with two assignments, they logged off and switched places with their partners.  I had to do very little reminding or helping.

One thing I will have to work on is the timing.  They were finished the assignments way quicker than I'd imagined, so I will have to make sure that the tasks are a little more involved and/or there are extra assignments for them to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment