Friday, October 7, 2016

Flexible Seating So Far



I was surprised at how easily the kiddos have adjusted to the flexible seating options in our classroom.  I've had quite a few comments from parents about how relaxed and friendly it seems and other staff members peek in to ask questions and see how it's going.

So far there has been no fighting over seating options.  I have had a few kids choose the balls ALL the time, but after a reminder that others want to use them too, they have started moving a bit more.  It does make me think that maybe I want to include another grouping of the balls.  I'd also like to get a few beanbag chairs to have available, but right now space is a

bit of an issue.  I do have a bench that I am refinishing at home to include in the mix, but I'm not in a rush right now, as I have enough places for all the kiddos to be.  The bench allows the students to sit on the floor and have a surface and a group to be with.  One of my students from last year has asked where it is.  It is a fine line between having lots of options and too many options.  I also don't like to have a very crowded space and all of these things need take up real estate in the room.
A really popular space is this one.  It is supposed to be for the listening center, but someone is always in the chairs reading or sometimes visiting. 










I store the mats in this blue bucket I found at Walmart, and stack the cushions next to it.  Chairs are stacked at the end of the day at the front of the room, balls go on top in frisbees and the wobble chairs are turned so the flat surface is on the desk.  The kiddos have been much better at clean up lately, which makes my life way easier. 





















No comments:

Post a Comment