Friday, April 12, 2013

Routines

Spring Break has come and gone and I am now looking at the calendar wondering how I'm going to fit in all that curriculum that I have left.   I was glad to get back to work after the 2 week break and I was even more glad that I have strong routines in place in my classroom that help the kids come back too.  Having and EA in the room is good as she can let me know what really goes on when I leave, but the kids could run the classroom by themselves it seems.  They know exactly what to do and where things go and usually TOC's are amazed.  I also feel a little sorry for the teacher too, as some of my kids are sticklers for routine, and will correct the TOC if they are not following the "rules". 
Having group leaders collect and hand things out, making sure supplies have a home and having a schedule on the board everyday are just some of the things that make our lives easier in the classroom.


No comments:

Post a Comment