Thursday, August 15, 2013

The Countdown is on

I have been thinking a little more about school these days, even though we don't start until September.  It must be all the American blogs I follow that are talking about heading back soon.  Anyway, I've been looking at a few things for the new year including Daily 5 and Guided Math.  I think I am going to implement both of these this year.  I've been doing some bits and pieces of both, but really like what I've been reading about them in the resources and want to go a little further. 

I have been feeling like the countdown has already started because we are heading on a trip and will not be back until right before school starts, (think 2 days!!) and what ever didn't get done to this point will have to wait until September.  I have found some new organizational things for my room and will also be putting together a TOC binder.  I used to have one and got out of the habit of it, but realize that I've missed it.  I bought one from here  before my friend Angela at Fun in Fourth created hers, but you should check it out, especially if you are in BC, she's used all the Canadian lingo so it's print and use!  Regardless of which one you use, having a TOC binder or a Sub binder is a great way to keep all the info in one place and have emergency plans ready to go.  I had a couple of emergency leaves last year and it was not fun having to plan the days at home.  This year it'll all be ready, just in case. 

This September will be a busy one especially with all the reorganizing that I'm going to have to do to get the two new programs up and running in my room.  We'll have to see how that goes.  My little DIY projects were mostly successful, at least the filing cabinet was. The chalk board is black and looks better, but not very magnetic.  Not sure what I'll do about that one.


No comments:

Post a Comment