Friday, September 13, 2013

First week down...

The first week always passes by in a bit of a blur and for some reason I always forget that.  I showed up on the Tuesday morning to all my furniture moved back into the room.  I'd completely forgotten about all the little things that I usually do leading up to the first day.  I'm totally behind this year.
By the end of this week, I managed to create piles around the classroom of stuff that I wanted to get rid of.  That's about all.  I will be spending the better part of my weekend in my classroom.  I need to get the physical space cleaned up before I can work on any of the planning etc for this year.

I am really lucky again this year, as I have a straight grade 2 class instead of a split.  Yes, I do have 23 students and many of the students have needs (3 are identified) but I have 2 EAs in the room with me.  That will really help.

This week, I had my class for the whole week and it was busy!  I feel like I am perpetually catching up.  I remember thinking I would try out a couple of new systems in my class this year, but I'm trying to catch my breath as it is.  We'll see.  At least all the basics are covered for now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment