Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Updates with the SET Project

 So November flew by and here I am facing only 16 days of December!  We started our month with a visit from Scott, who came by to say hi and offer support.   Thanks again Scott for all the great feedback!
As the month has wound down, I thought I would do a little right now update for the project.


What I'm seeing:  the students really enjoy using the technology.

What I'm hearing:  thankfully, nothing.  The sounds from the laptops were driving me slowly crazy, but when I introduced the earbuds my sanity was restored.

What I'm thinking;  that I want to get the laptops out for other things.  The kiddos are getting bored with CS right now.

What surprised me this month:  how helpful they are with each other and how most of them "tell" rather than "do" when they are helping.

What I'm feeling:  I'm feeling like I want to try to get them managing the storage and movement of the laptops.  I know that I need to teach the expectations very clearly and just let go, but the machines are worth so much money...

This is my earbud storage, and it's working out really well.  I've used this in the past and keep the containers from year to year.  I got them at the dollar store and just run them through a dish washer when the year is over. 



No comments:

Post a Comment