Tuesday, November 27, 2012

December; The Most Crazy Time of the Year

#
As we make our way into December, I am realizing how quickly this year is going by. 
We are starting a unit on Animals this week, and I have to admit that I am finding it hard to narrow the focus.  I find all of it interesting and feel badly cutting it down to one area, for example habitats.  I also want to incorporate Big Buddies into the process, using their knowledge of research and computers skills to help with the study.  I am right now leaning towards having a joint project of research with buddies, and have some activities tied into Literacy Centres.  We may even end up making habitats, as growing things right now is a little difficult in the frozen North.  The ideas are still percolating, but I'd take any suggestions right now too!
This December, I have decided on a few little big projects that we will do as a class.  We are going to do a food drive, document our days for December and also take part in a community challenge!  This will be in addition to all the crafty projects and practicing for Christmas concert that we also have planned!  Hmmm.  After seeing all that in print, my heart started to race a little.  We'll see....#

No comments:

Post a Comment